Stoltzfus Outdoor Living has a few guidelines and requirements for homeowners looking into getting a shed to review and make sure your property fits the specifications before installation can occur.
"I would like to MOVE my shed. What do you need to know?"
- Year of shed
- Style of shed
- Overhang size
- Is it on skids (is it a Mobile structure)
- Is it anchored to the ground
- Is there a ramp, cupola or anything attached to the shed
- Can it be accessed by a truck and trailer
- Is there yard irrigation, septic, etc. or anything near the shed
- Is the shed empty of its contents
- Is there any rotting on the shed
- What is the overall height of the shed
"I would like a NEW shed. What foundation preparations do I need to make?"
- Top soil removed to an area the size of shed to a level grade
- 4x6 pressure Treated boards are boarded in to an area the size of the shed
- Weed control fabric is put down inside boarded area
- 4x6 boards are re-barred into the ground ever 3'-4'
- 4x6 boards are lagged together at all 4 corners
- Boarded in area is filled with stone to the top of 4x6's